sexta-feira, 11 de agosto de 2017

Shot poem II

Here I am, slowly sipping
yet another glass of wine
to fool myself into thinking
it will make things fine.

Like your name, both sharp and sweet
right at the the tip of my tongue
racing this rather weary heartbeat
in a song insisting on being sung.

If only this fire in my veins
was the one I felt in your embrace!
It comes and goes with the speed of hurricanes
leaving but the memory of your grace.

I drink it both to sleep
and to remember I am alive
you thought my price too cheap
but this bottle was only fifty-five...

3 de junho 2017

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigada pelo feedback!

Rocha

Deixo a luz do sol bater um pouco a cada vez sobre as várias faces e ranhuras lapidadas por tempo e destino para que ilumine e penetre a gra...