terça-feira, 21 de maio de 2019

Effects

One was a dog's sniff on the neck,
the hand on the throat now relaxed.
The other was a warm, kind embrace
which took me yet again, surprised.

One kissed its bold way over my back
with every hunger within its grace,
another invited me for a slow dance
made of free birds together in trance.

One strokes winter's wounds on my feet
in the long while they sting, then heal.
Another blows into my fire and its heat
as we two prepared the evening's meal...

One smiles as my dead skin begins to shed
and I am again as white as that very wall
where the other one taught me how to call
not one's deity's name, but his, instead.

And how could any soul ever dare to guess
that in the same way my fellow wild beast
eyed its way into this life and this room
rhymed rosy lips involved me, in the least,

only to rearrange the worst of an old mess
and not really fear the world's coming doom?
So no, I am not crazy enough to let him go;
prince and wolf are just the same, you know.

20/05/2019

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigada pelo feedback!

Rocha

Deixo a luz do sol bater um pouco a cada vez sobre as várias faces e ranhuras lapidadas por tempo e destino para que ilumine e penetre a gra...