sexta-feira, 19 de março de 2021

Homecoming

 I wish I could talk
with way more pride
of the language, name and land
I was given.

With the same one with which I write
these lines
under this taken pen
that reaches far and wide
so that even my folk
who dream that I would walk
do not understand.

I wish I didn't let down
my own past,
this wretched, forgotten town,
on its, like mine, old, disjointed bones
that insist to last
at the corner
of the border
only to watch its own doom.

I wish I knew it as well
as the worst parts of myself -
to hear its voice like the bell
at five o'clock.

I guess I can still wish
for high river with fish
and good enough health
from the boon
of a late, yet welcomed bloom
to our stock.

Or do I really?

18/03/2021

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigada pelo feedback!

Rocha

Deixo a luz do sol bater um pouco a cada vez sobre as várias faces e ranhuras lapidadas por tempo e destino para que ilumine e penetre a gra...