sexta-feira, 17 de abril de 2020

On the ways Andrew comes from Eden

I was just talking and thinking about this fantastic song and the versions of it we know have been played since its release and I guess I came to a few conclusions...

As much as I prefer the original version I think the slow ballad version of From Eden suits a scenario where the devil is trying to seduce you by making you forget he's the devil despite saying "I slithered here from Eden".

And also in this more common ballad version Andrew subdues the lyrics saying "tie to a tree" and not "hang from a tree" so I think it adds to that vibe, I think. That the devil wants you to think he's better than he is... like he once was. Whereas in the original version he's reminiscing how good and pure he was upon looking at you but he entices you to pay attention to your dark side so as to join him.

I know why Andrew modifies the lyrics now (it's intentional to ease the deadly vibe of the song) but thinking about it that's the vibe I get. Before he sang at a cemetery and started to modify the words he has sung it as a ballad but with the original lines. It's interesting to think how the change of words changes the intention behind the whole piece, at least to my ears.

08/04/2020

- post original aqui.

2 comentários:

  1. You know I found his wonderful work out just because of you.
    Thanx forever for this my dear! It's very beautiful to see the way you admire him.
    GK

    ResponderExcluir

Obrigada pelo feedback!

Rocha

Deixo a luz do sol bater um pouco a cada vez sobre as várias faces e ranhuras lapidadas por tempo e destino para que ilumine e penetre a gra...