sexta-feira, 28 de julho de 2023

Bitterer end

Just when I thought
so little was left
to get to open my heart
and say a yes...

When after just so much
just a little bit longer
would make all this even stronger
and become more than touch...

What hurts more in the no
is not even looking in the eye,
so many words, so little show
that I can't tell a truth from a lie
 
because likely with every promise you made
can I be sure I would get them from a friend?
Unless you show up there to the next end
you might have sealed this bond's fate.
 
And it will not matter how I feel
or if you have been wearing a mask
since waiting to see if whatever was real
seemed too cold, distant and hard a task...
 
And this love was so easy to kill.
 
28/07/2023

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigada pelo feedback!

Rocha

Deixo a luz do sol bater um pouco a cada vez sobre as várias faces e ranhuras lapidadas por tempo e destino para que ilumine e penetre a gra...