terça-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2016

Persephone & Hades

Perhaps I was indeed
too young, or rather
too human, to rise up
to your alluring
and beautiful decadence.

But how can you
blame me for wanting
the taste of the food
and the drink
that make you unreachable,
powerful, invincible?

Perhaps what I
really loved in you
was the mask you wore
to hide the fire
you held underneath;
the queen you were born to be.

Such dark fire
that only a king
of his own sorrows
could understand
and offer you the chance
to be whole in your half.

Fire I desired;
fire that intrigued me so...

Perhaps my single fate
is to only kneel
before the gods;
the goddess you are.
Know their heaven and hells,
but remaining small.

I may not be fit
to be amongst royalty
or real greatness;
but oh, how it hurts
to have to let go
what was never mine.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigada pelo feedback!

Rocha

Deixo a luz do sol bater um pouco a cada vez sobre as várias faces e ranhuras lapidadas por tempo e destino para que ilumine e penetre a gra...